- Get Pro Bono
- Do Pro Bono
- Support Pro Bono
- About Pro Bono
You are here
MAKING A GIFT TO TAPROOT
At Taproot Foundation, we power collaboration that connects communities and drives social change. But we can’t do it alone. With your generous contribution, you can help play an important role strengthening our work and the many social change organizations we serve. When you support Taproot, the value and impact you provide is exponentially greater than the dollar amount you give.
Top 3 Reasons to Donate to Taproot
- More Bang for Your Buck: Taproot is constantly working to evolve and improve our programs that can more effectively serve more nonprofits driving change in our communities. Donating to Taproot is a sure way to easily and conveniently support a myriad of impactful programs for nonprofit organizations across the country.
- Giving Back to Communities, Large and Small: Nonprofits big and small are affecting change. Taproot works with organizations on a local, national, and even global level. Giving to us means we will have the resources to connect with local organizations and beyond. The result? Nonprofits can better help their target communities.
- Help Lead a Movement: By uniting the nonprofit and for-profit world, we work to bring out the best in both sectors. The cross-pollination between the two is redefining how we think about pro bono services. When you support Taproot, you can help foster innovations that can revolutionize the way we serve our communities, expanding access to resources and tools for all sectors.
Your support creates greater capacity among social change organizations which we consider “investment insurance” in that social change organization’s future. There’s a multiplier effect to our work, and it can start with your donation.
How to Contribute to Taproot
- Donate Online Now
The simplest of all donating options, by clicking the "donate now" button, you can conveniently make a one-time donation, or even set up a monthly recurring donation if you'd like.
- Mail Your Donation
Prefer to mail your donation? No problem. Send a check payable to "Taproot Foundation" to:
466 Geary Street, Suite 200
San Francisco, CA 94102
- Matching Gifts
You took the time to contribute to Taproot. With just two extra steps, you can have your company match your gift, boosting your contribution.
To get your company to match your gift, first ask them if they have a matching gifts program, or search the database below. Second, get a matching gift form, fill it out, and send it to Taproot. That's all!
We've compiled great resources to help you find out more about matching gifts:
- Dollars for Doers
Are you a pro bono consultant? Have your company match your volunteer hours with a financial gift. See if your company has a program or check with your HR or CSR departments to find out more.
Need a verification letter of your hours of service? Contact email@example.com and we will send you a verification.
- Planned Gifts or Donate Stock
Planned gifts, like charitable bequests, allow you to make an important impact beyond your lifetime. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to set up your planned gift or for more information about how to donate stock.
- Support Taproot at Your Next Event or Competition!
Make Taproot your honored nonprofit or charitable organization partner for your next race or competition. And remember – let us know when you’re competing for Taproot by contacting email@example.com. We’ll be tweeting for you!
Collecting donations by hand for your next race? Simply send directly to Taproot Foundation’s San Francisco office or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org
Hosting a happy hour or networking event? Charge a small event fee and donate the proceeds to Taproot. We can make it easy.
- We're on AmazonSmile too!
Next time you make a purchase on Amazon, consider using AmazonSmile and choose Taproot Foundation as your beneficiary. Visit smile.amazon.com and search for Taproot Foundation. The AmazonSmile Foundation will donate 0.5% of the purchase price from your purchases to Taproot.
Any contribution to Taproot Foundation in any form is greatly appreciated. Taproot Foundation’s Tax Identification Number (also known as Employee Identification Number or EIN) is 91-2162645. The Taproot Foundation is a 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization; therefore, donations are tax deductible per IRS guidelines. Upon receipt of your donation, you will receive an acknowledgement letter for your records and taxes.